* Advertisement

Author Topic: What role does sikhism play in your life?  (Read 1395 times)

gkaur3

What role does sikhism play in your life?
« on: October 08, 2012, 08:41:28 AM »
Hi guys,

Lets start a discussion on what role sikhism plays in your life? What is the importance of it? What would you like to improve or learn more about?

Gurjit Kaur-USA

Re: What role does sikhism play in your life?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 08:56:45 PM »
Im a sikh girl ..being a Sikh keeps you away from materialism..it teaches you to live a simple life and chant the name of your Gurus with every breath. Some of the main points that  enhances the importance of Sikhism are the followings: Be loyal to everyone, Speak truth, honesty, seva.. and obey the gurus teachings.. Gurbani is the sea of knowledge ..According to me (well, many believes), Gurbani is the best cure of any disease in the world.  I m not sure bout the improvements.. well if you are a sikh, you should listen, read and chant gurbani always..Stay away from drugs, bad peepz, and live ur life sabat soorat!! Waheguru JI..

Sukhdev sukh

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 10:09:15 AM »
Singh is king

gkaur3

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 12:19:43 AM »

I guess for me, it plays a really important role in my life because its a guide on how to live your life. Without this guide, i would be lost.
As for improvements, I would like to learn more about it and understand it better. We are all guilty of not trying to understand the deep meaning. We simply go to gurdwara and when we get out we forget what we learned while we were sitting in the gurdwara. i would like the really understand the deep meaning in each shabad.

Gurjit Kaur-USA

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 02:41:52 AM »
oh k, now i see what u meant by improvements.. i agree with ur thoughts and ideas..but in my case, my parents are always explaining me the meanings of difficult words of gurbani n when you find yourself lost, i think listening to Gurbani Katha n vichar would be helpful too :)

Sukhdev sukh

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 06:25:32 AM »
(goodjob)

Gurjit Kaur-USA

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 08:32:17 PM »
:)