* Advertisement

Author Topic: Value of Parents  (Read 1751 times)

Daljit Kaur01

Value of Parents
« on: July 15, 2014, 08:33:24 PM »

Parents do so much for their children starting from the day they are conceived. But why is it that those same children are the ones that hurt their parents the most?

But parents still forgive them for every single mistake they make in hope they will change!

Sometimes we as human beings are so caught up in our own world and we forget how much pain we give to those around us especially our parents.

We end up living in the moment and think whatever we are doing is right but eventually learn that is not the case.

Hanging out, trying to fit in, to be cool, getting rich fast, or being popular are small phases of life that drift away as we age. In trying to achieve that we end up hurting those really close to us.

Those strong parents withstand all the curses, fights, tears, pain, and hurt through time and stand firm like an old tree through a storm for their children.

Somewhere in their heart they know that their child will one day change and thus continue to stay firm to support us and be our rock through this weird time in our life.

Why is it that we are so caught up in our world and we do not notice anyone around us? And when we do it is too late and putting all the pieces back may take a lifetime.

So why not stay alert through every phase of life so that there is no storm to go through, no heartbreaks to deal with, and  no relationship to mend?

Only if there was a simple way to tell ourself that.

Daljit

Bikramjit Clair

Re: Value of Parents
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 08:35:11 PM »
 (cry2) (hug)  (clap1) very nice I don't have words to say how beautiful writer u r  (rose)

Daljit Kaur01

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 08:51:31 PM »
Awwww thank you Bikram ji!! Bakia wal dekh ke and sun ke asi bhi thoda bahut write karlainde!!  (rose)

(cry2) (hug)  (clap1) very nice I don't have words to say how beautiful writer u r  (rose)

Daljit Kaur01

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 10:28:16 AM »
When should the line be drawn that you have to think what is best for you regardless of your parents not understanding or agreeing with you? Or vice versa? I believe that the person should have the knowledge of what is right and what is wrong and make his or her own decisions. That way they cannot blame their parents for their actions but parents like an old tree will never say that their child is bad.

It becomes puzzling that whether the person should be that independent and only do what he or she believes is right or listen to everything their parents who have brought them in this world and gave them life?

Daljit

Daljit Kaur01

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 10:55:15 AM »
What value do you place of your parents? Could you ever replace them? Sometimes as teenager and early in our youth years we have so many hormonal issues going on and want to be independent that those parents that have shown us this world seem like our greatest enemy. Why is that at that moment we only see our own happiness and don't understand what are parents are trying to teach us? There must be a reason behind that punishment? That lecture?

Just as parents praise their children in front of others it is also our duty to praise our parents and fulfill our obligations that is towards our parents. Our parents fulfill all of our necessities like buying that first car, those designer clothes, or giving us cash to treat our friends but why is that when the tables are turned we forget that we have responsibilities towards them also? I always have grown up hearing my parents say that those children that truly care for their parents without any ill intentions always will stay happy in their lives and will find peace.

But now days people have become so selfish that everything is about "me" and we don't even give our attention and time to those beings that showed us this world. We as human beings place so much emphasis on materialistic things that we forget such holy relationships like of our parents. Why not always remember that parents aren't hungry for a big house or an expensive car but rather for little time, love, and respect in return for upbringing you?

Daljit

Priyanka Kaur

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 07:21:22 PM »
Parents would never make decisions which would not be good for their children. But not everytime fate works as we want. Sometimes the decision parents take might not  make us happy and the rest of our life we just regret that decision and blame them for our troubles because let's  admit it,  it's easy to put finger on someone else at the time of problems. So if we would have made the decision ourselves with parents  agreement then we would be the only one responsible for problems, nobody else. And when we know the mess is created by us then we concentrate more in solving it rather than finding someone to blame.
Always listen to parents while making independent decisions coz their knowledge and wisdom about life is much more than our intelligence all together. They are part of our lives. They should be part of our decisions too but not decision makers solely.
When should the line be drawn that you have to think what is best for you regardless of your parents not understanding or agreeing with you? Or vice versa? I believe that the person should have the knowledge of what is right and what is wrong and make his or her own decisions. That way they cannot blame their parents for their actions but parents like an old tree will never say that their child is bad.

It becomes puzzling that whether the person should be that independent and only do what he or she believes is right or listen to everything their parents who have brought them in this world and gave them life?

Daljit

Priyanka Kaur

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 07:25:46 PM »
U write beautifully daljit sis. N d way u put ur thoughts together so nice and smooth.  (hug) well done sis

Daljit Kaur01

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 08:22:49 PM »
I agree with you priyanka sis that it is important to involve our parents or someone whom we are close to in our decision making process but we should be the ones making the decision. That way if something does not work out or go as we had planned there will be no other person to be blamed but rather we will be responsible for making our own decisions. Sometimes weblet others make our decisions because it is easier to blame that person then take responsibility of our actions. And I also agree that our parents have much more experience that can help us guide through tough decisions but I beleive the fun, the excitement, and the lessons that come with making independent decisions has its own value which everyone should experience.

Daljit

Daljit Kaur01

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 08:24:12 PM »

Awww so sweet of you Priyanka sis for such sweet praise!! Thanks!!

U write beautifully daljit sis. N d way u put ur thoughts together so nice and smooth.  (hug) well done sis