* Advertisement

Poll

What is the way out ??

I have no idea !!
0 (0%)
makes me so weak when I look at them
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: "The poor cannot afford to be sick because they cannot afford to get well."  (Read 1237 times)

JotKaur

(think1) Poverty and its alleviation has been, perhaps, the most recurrent theme in India’s political discourse since independence. Yet, an oft-ignored fact for those interested in poverty alleviation is that catastrophic health expenses are the biggest reason for pushing individuals and families into poverty. The poor cannot afford to be sick because they cannot afford to get well.  (thinking)  (gcry2)

JotKaur

:)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 07:04:34 AM »
Life will always try to make things hard, but every time you overcome those obstacles, you becomes stronger. .. :)

JotKaur

ਇਜ਼ਤ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਇਜ਼ਤਦਾਰ ਲੋਕ ਹੀ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ,
ਕਿਉਕਿ
ਜਿਨਾ ਕੋਲ ਖੁਦ ਇਜ਼ਤ ਨਹੀ ਉਹ ਦੂਜਿਆ ਨੂੰ ਕੀ ਦੇਣਗੇ !!  :)

Sp Sandhu

There are people in the
world so hungry, that God
cannot appear to them
except in the form of bread.

Mahatma Gandhi

Sp Sandhu

If you're in trouble, or hurt
or need - go to the poor
people. They're the only
ones that'll help - the only
ones.

John Steinbeck

Daljit Kaur01

Hehhe nav sis I saw this in a newspaper!! But so true!!

(think1) Poverty and its alleviation has been, perhaps, the most recurrent theme in India’s political discourse since independence. Yet, an oft-ignored fact for those interested in poverty alleviation is that catastrophic health expenses are the biggest reason for pushing individuals and families into poverty. The poor cannot afford to be sick because they cannot afford to get well.  (thinking)  (gcry2)